As energy efficiency continues to become the highest priority in construction and building operations, more complex equipment and solutions are emerging that promise reduced energy consumption, reduced waste, and better operation.
Though greater levels of energy efficiency are enabled by more advanced solutions, efficiency is only achieved if these solutions operate properly. The complicated construction process of buildings as well as their maintenance and operations can lead actual performance to drift away from the intended design. Additionally, there are times when the original design may not have properly accounted for the real-world applications or operations of the building.
Building Optimization commissioning services are a tool we offer to ensure operational and energy efficiency after construction is completed. These services are especially valuable when volunteer staff plays a significant role in Building Operations. We can tailor to individual Owner’s need and building operator experience level as needed.
Example Scope of Services:
- Energy Analysis / Benchmarking
- Develop Energy Utilization Index (EUI) and Energy Cost Index (ECI)
- Benchmark EUI and $/gsf to similar buildings
- Assess building performance in comparison to design predicted performance
- Provide ongoing access to Energy Star Portfolio Manager for free Owner use
- Identify areas of performance discrepancy and potential causes.
- BAS checks twice monthly (minimum)
- Additional checks based on extreme weather events
- Ongoing communication and collaboration with Owner’s staff
- Creation of shutdown checklists, walkthrough checks
- Utilize Morrissey Engineering staff to communicate design intent
- Work with building occupants on operational issues
- Create and distribute operations surveys
- Gather submetering data or other operational information
- Conduct analysis of indoor environmental quality